Eating apples has many health benefits. Here’s what will happen to your body if you start consuming them regularly.
1. Weight Loss Fiber is very important for staying in shape, but most people don’t get enough of it through food. One apple provides one fifth of the daily fiber requirement. In particular, apples contain pectin, a type of soluble fiber that keeps you feeling fuller for longer. By eating an apple before a meal, your body gets these valuable nutrients and they prevent excessive consumption of foods that are stored as fat. In addition, fiber reduces cholesterol levels and prevents weight gain.
2. Improving the condition of the teeth and gums. Apples contribute to the production of saliva, which prevents the formation of plaque. Plaque is a layer of bacteria that covers the teeth and is the cause of their yellowing. Apples have an abrasive toothbrush-like texture that acts as a tooth scrub. But despite all this, you should not abuse their “hygienic” properties. Brush your teeth with toothpaste and brush thoroughly after each meal.
3. Strengthening immunity The abundance of antioxidants and other nutrients found in apples, such as flavonoids (mainly quercetin) and triterpenoids, has a strong enough effect on the immune system. As a result, you will get sick less often. Remember, these compounds are mainly found in the skins, so don’t peel the apples before eating!
4. Improving concentration Scientists from Harvard prove that apples slow down the aging process of the brain. This delicious fruit increases the levels of neurotransmitters responsible for maintaining memory. Daily consumption of apples significantly reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by improving concentration.
5. Improving liver function The liver is responsible for detoxifying the body. Toxins that enter it indirectly from environmental pollutants, or directly through excessive consumption of alcohol and artificially flavored foods, are detrimental to this organ. Apples are rich in quercetin, a powerful antioxidant flavonoid that helps detoxify the body, thereby facilitating liver function.
Apples are one of the healthiest fruits, as they contain a large amount of nutrients and prevent the development of many diseases. But to get the most out of them, you need to consume them at a certain time of the day. Why are apples better to eat in the morning? Experts warn that apples should not be eaten on an empty stomach. This can cause bloating and lead to constipation. It is recommended to consume them 1 hour after breakfast or an hour after dinner. The reason for this lies in the fact that apples are rich in fiber. In the case of the stomach, it is easier to process them and absorb more nutrients in the morning.
In the evening, the level of acids involved in the digestion process decreases, and this affects the rate of food digestion. This means that if a person eats an apple after 6:00 p.m., it may remain in the stomach undigested for longer than it should. As a result, problems with the work of the gastrointestinal tract and insomnia may occur. Another reason why apples are best eaten in the morning is that this fruit contains pectin. This substance prevents the production of lactic acid and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon. Thanks to these properties, apples improve the work of the digestive system throughout the day, cleanse the body of toxic substances and prevent stomach problems.
Remember that it is best to consume them fresh. In this way, the maximum amount of nutrients will enter your body. At the same time, it is important not to peel the apples, since it is in their skin that a significant part of the useful substances is present. Apple juice, especially store-bought apple juice, is not a good option. These products contain sugar and various preservatives. In addition, they lack fiber in their composition.
Important: The article is for informational purposes only and does not replace a balanced diet, as well as an examination by a specialist!
Photo by Shelley Pauls on Unsplash